Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Sunday, December 02, 2007
video report on dangers from cell phone usage
digicelll warned by Central Trinidad mayor
the evidence is still available
for Electromagnetic Fields (ELF and RF)
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
startling report of Bioinitiative Review
STUDY: Risks have been played down
A review published yesterday concludes the electromagnetic impulses the masts transmit can affect the immune system and neurological functions.
This includes memory and sleep patterns, causing brain tumours, cancers and Alzheimer’s.
It says the radiation can have an impact on fertility and metabolism and can cause depression and fatigue.
And there is “little doubt” that exposure causes childhood leukemia, it adds.
Environmental consultant Cindy Sage, one of the authors of the Bioinitiative Review, said: “We think the risks have been downplayed.
“The trend in increasing reports of electrosensitivity is too big to overlook.”
Although the study contains no new science, it is hoped bringing all the evidence on emissions together will force governments to act.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Historic move in Asia and Middle East
In the first move of its kind, the Taiwanese government will dismantle 1,500 mobile phone masts by the end of this year amid fears that radiation from them may damage health. Studies have revealed worrying levels of symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, nausea and dizziness in people living near masts. And the Israeli Knesset has agreed that cellular antennae should no longer be placed in living quarters, including on balconies. Four Israeli cities have banned the erection of any more small antennae for wireless hot spots.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
T&T policy of industrialisation puts lives in danger
Aluminum SMELTERS are not safe and poses environmental and severe health risks.
WIFI technology also pose perils as recently disclosed by numerous studies.
The public need to be made aware of this blatant rush for revenue at the expense of the nation's future.
May good reason prevail in this election season!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
legal battle erupts among cell providers
A HIGH COURT judge of the Republic of Trinidad & Tobago has agreed to entertain further submissions from mobile telephone competitors, Digicel and Telecommunications Services of T&T (TSTT), before he rules on whether the Irish-owned company will be allowed wider access to TSTT’s database for evidence to substantiate its claims of call-blocking.
Justice Nolan Bereaux gave his decision yesterday, as he turned down an application by Digicel for a further order to be made to compel TSTT to disclose technical details of its network.
Digicel returned to court last week, complaining that TSTT failed to comply with the February 15, 2007, order which allowed Digicel’s engineers access to TSTT records, relating to alleged call-blocking, and ordered that this data be assessed by two agents
from the Telecommunications Authority (TATT) in the presence of TSTT and Digicel’s representatives.
TSTT has argued that the order was already complied with, and accused Digicel of trying to have the judge vary his original order.
Justice Bereaux agreed, but said he wanted to resolve the allegations of call-blocking, and ordered that further submissions be filed before he rules on December 12, on whether the data-collection exercise will be revisited.
Digicel has accused the local telecom services provider of blocking its customers’ calls to TSTT’s fixed-line and mobile networks, and was granted several injunctive reliefs in its lawsuit.
Alvin Fitzpatrick, SC, Terrence Bharrat and Andre Le Blanc appeared yesterday for Digicel, while Martin Daly, SC, Garvin Simmonette and Sashi Indarsingh represented TSTT.